Sunday, October 14, 2007

Fall Fun!

The Choo-Choo train was rolling it's way through downtown LaGrange

She loved her pumpkin pillow
Savannah and Ginger--wanting to go next door and play with the Big Kids!

Mimi--look what I found! A leaf!
Is the Choo-Choo gone?
What an angel!
Say...Cheese!
So cute...what can I say...she takes after her aunt! HA!
Well, finally the 90+ degree weather has broken and it actually feels like fall in Kentucky. The evenings and mornings are cool, the days are sunny, and the colors are beginning to come out everywhere. I was worried about the colors this year because of the significant lack of rainfall we have had around here. But once again, God did not dissapoint those of us who can't wait for the fall colors to paint the skyline. Breath-taking, for sure. I will try to take some pictures of the colors and post them here for those of you who live where the seasons don't really change much (Gail, my Hawiian friend). Soon, I promise.

As for the Hoene's, we have been very busy. My fall break was last week and so I was able to spend some time with my niece (shocked, I am sure). We even got to take some pictures...I posted a few. She is at the age now (19 months...where does the time go?) where everything is such a discovery to her. She is learning new words and connecting those words to meaning! It is truly amazing!
Last evening we hosted our 2nd annual pumpkin carving party at Hoene Heaven. It was great fun--chilli and all the fixin's, a hay ride across the farm, and yes, 3-overtimes for UK and LSU. GO CATS!! Unfortunately, due to the length of the game, our pumpkins remain faceless. Yep--you read it right...the pumpkin carving party was really a UK game party (aside from the hayride). But that is okay...we had a blast and thank everyone who was able to join. For those of you who couldn't come, we missed you! Maybe next year? Once I have the pictures downloaded, I will post some of those here as well.

So, it is back to work for both of the Hoene's tomorrow and before we know it, the holidays will be on us and another year will be gone. Wow...it is so hard to believe. It is with a heavy sigh that I go for now...off to ready myself for the week, read a bit, probably cry while watching Extreme Home Makeover, and then to rest.

Have a wonderful fall week everyone and don't forget to notice the colors all around you...even if they are still green :-)
I hope you dance...
S~


No comments: