Saturday, October 27, 2007

Know therefore that the Lord your God is God...

He is the faithful God, keeping His covenant of love to a thousand generations of those who love Him and keep his Commands.
Deuteronomy 7:9

I never really knew this verse until my friend Lainey gave me a Faith journal to begin writing in. This verse speaks to me because we have been walking in Faith and believing that God will answer our prayers for a really long time. My husband and I are so proud and thankful to announce (officially) that we will be adopting a baby boy when he is born in January of 2008 (yes, you read right, January). Through the grace of God and wonderful friends we have endured a long journey the last few years. It has been tough and for a long time I couldn't wait until 2007 just came to an end. Our prayer has always been for us to become parents in God's time and if it were God's will. We now believe everything is just beginning for us as we plan and prepare to bring home our baby.

We have told most of our family and felt it was time to "shout it from the roof tops" and make it public. For those of you that know us and even those who don't, please keep us ( and the birthmother and our little one) in your thoughts and prayers. We are thrilled and find ourselves smiling for no reason at all except for what the future holds.

I will do my best to keep the blog updated with information about our coming arrival. He is due to make his entrance into the world in early January.

Thank you and...I hope you dance!

S~

1 comment:

The Hickman's said...

Congratulations! We're so happy for you and Chad!!
Colleen, JB & Alex Hickman