Monday, January 8, 2007

Goin' to the chapel...

and she's gonna to get married! Goin' to the chapel of LOVE...What a fun day we had at the Special Occasions Bridal Show on Sunday. My...a lot of people got engaged over the holidays in our family and circle of friends. In fact, 2007 is shaping up to be a "wedding crazy" year. Let's see...who will say "I Do" in 2007?

First up in June...Jamie and Tripp on June 9. We are so happy for them and not to mention a beach wedding. We are so excited about going to Myrtle Beach to share in their special day. Next up, Andrew and Tara (friends from church) are getting married on June 16...what a great day! June 16, 2007 happens to be our 5th wedding anniversary! Congrats Andrew and Tara! Hmm...on to July. I think some friends of Carrie's, Deborah and Chris, are tying the Knot this month at the beach. Another beach wedding. Then we have various couples who haven't actually set the exact date just yet, but my fingers are crossed: Alicia and Jason, Misty and Todd, and yes, my little sis, Carrie and her fiance, Sean. Could be another destination wedding...Mexico, possibly? Wouldn't that be fun!

Going to the wedding show brought back so many fond memories of our special day. I can't believe that we will celebrate our FIVE YEAR anniversary this year! It seems just like yesterday that Tricia and I were living in the apartments at Canter Chase and someone named Chad had called and left me a message. Who? Oh...yeah, that cute red-head from Joe's. I don't even think I called him back. Thank goodness he didn't give up on me :-)

5 years later--two-thousand and seven...I feel like this year has great things in store for the Hoene's and their friends and family. But...before I totally put 2006 to rest, I have to say that it was a very good year...
  • A year of change. Chad and I both changed jobs--Chad to Cintas and me to Shelby County Schools.
  • A year of expanding our family--baby niece Savannah in March and nephew Nate in April.
  • A year of moving--we sold our house in Louisville in a whopping 4-days (totally a God thing) and moved to Spencer County to live on the Hoene/Waterfill Farm.
  • A year of patience and planning--building a house is one thing that has taught me patience more than anything.
  • A year of faith--Chad and I continue to love our church and our life group. Our faith in God's plan for our lives stood strong this year through some tough questions and trying times. We know that God is in control.

We took a wonderful vacation to the beach over Spring Break '06 and I was fortunate enough to finally put my toes in the beautiful, vast Pacific Ocean this passed July on my trip to sunny San Diego. So many wonderful blessings...yet, I feel that 2007 has so many more blessings for us. All of the weddings mentioned earlier in the post, another new niece or nephew in July (Alicia and Jason). Amy and Dave have applied to adopt a little girl from Guatemala...we can't wait for her to come home. Birthday parties...some milestones this year, mom and dad! Destination weddings--Myrtle beach, Mexico and much, much more, I pray.

I will do my best to keep an up-to-date record here of all of the many events and happenings that bless our family and friends this year. Too fun!! Setting some personal goals for myself and Chad this year...no, not resolutions...goals :-) But that will have to be another post. It is late and I am tired...off to get the last of the laundry out of the dryer and head to bed. Maybe I will even try to read tonight...

Until next time...i hope you dance...

S~

No comments: